One thing I really love in movies is when characters that belong in one genre of film are put into a film of a completely different genre. Some good recent examples of this include Pineapple Express - in which stoners are put into an action film, or Burn After Reading - which took a government thriller and threw in a bunch of slapstick comedy characters. It's a really great form of subversive black humour, and it looks like Mystery Team does it with great effect. We've got three man-child, Napoleon Dynamite-esque junior detective characters who find themselves investigating a double homicide. I think this movie looks hilarious - that moment in the trailer with the little girl is absolutely pricessless - and I can't wait to check it out.
Unfortunately, I can't find much information about a release date - it's schedueled for "Fall 2009" in the States, but no word on Australia or the rest of the world. Damn you...Pacific Ocean.
Source: /Film