Tuesday, March 1, 2011

through the lights that filtering in,

vinda sonata

the crowds, tapping my finger to ellington's jazz playing in the background, but i said nothing. purely nothing. not that i had not anything to say, but it was simply i wanted to preserve the silence. i had not run out of any word to say, to express, but something inside me wanted me to be silent. i wanted the passage of time to stir nothing in me for now, forget about me for a while, stir whatever inside me really, really slowly i could hardly detect a single movement.

i washed down tom collins with a glass of iced perrier, feeling the faint bites on my tongue. still, i said nothing. he said nothing. we said nothing. we were looking at the crowds alright, savoring every fleeting second of the afternoon, but we said nothing. i waited. and waited. and waited. looking out through the windows where the lights came filtering in.