Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Trailer - The Box



I really love the premise of The Box, although I can't imagine how they're going to stretch it out into a full length film. This trailer is excellent; Richard Kelly seems like the perfect director for the project, and there is something inherently creepy about Frank Langella (no offence Frank).

The movie is based on a short story called Button, Button, which has actually been adapted for the screen once before: as an episode of The Twilight Zone. I haven't seen the episode but I do know the ending, which I thought was absolutely brilliant. However, seeing as the movie is based on the story rather than the episode, I'm not sure if that ending will be retained. Either way, I'm really looking forward to seeing this flick.

The Box will be in cinemas from October 30th