Friday, July 31, 2009

Trailer - Fantastic Mr. Fox



Fantastic Mr. Fox is based on the book of the same name by Roald Dahl - or as this trailer put it, based on the book by the author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I thought this was kind of weird; is Roald Dahl not a household name in the US? I remember loving all his books when I was a kid, although I haven't read this book.

I really liked this trailer - the kooky stop animation looks pretty awesome, and the voice acting sounds good, especially from Bill Murray. The movie is directed by Wes Anderson, who is extremely popular on the indie circuit. I have only seen one of his movies - The Royal Tenenbaums - and to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan. Anderson has never (to my knowledge) made an animated film before, so it'll be interesting to see if his distinctive visual style crosses over into Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Fantastic Mr. Fox will be in cinemas in the US from November 13th, and in Australia from January 7th