Friday, June 19, 2009

Trailer - World's Greatest Dad



I don't know about you, but I reckon this movie looks really good. However, it's interesting to note that a major aspect of the movies story is entirely missing from this trailer. Furthermore, it is from this aspect of the story that the movie reportedly gets most of it's dark humour. Those interested in knowing what the hell I'm talking about, highlight the blacked-out text below; I guess it's a spoiler, but I'm under the impression that what is written below happens fairly early in the film.

Lance is a high school teacher who protects his family from shame following the embarrassing accidental death of his son. Lance writes a fake suicide note to cover up the death, but without permission the note is published and becomes an unexpected hit. Keen to be a successful author, Lance produces an entire journal which he passes off as his son's.

Doesn't that sound pretty funny? Dark, yes, but funny none the less. I actually think this is what really makes me want to see World's Greatest Dad, and I'm not convinced that leaving it out of the trailer was a good idea.

World's Greatest Dad will hit theatres in limited release in the US on August 21st